Jo from Tri50 will be offering a range of swim coaching services at Heron Lake this Spring and Summer. Jo has been coaching swimming for 33 years and brings with her a wealth of experience from helping tiny tots to adults in the Autumn of their years. She especially loves working with nervous and apprehensive adults who are totally new to open water and have a real fear of the transition from swimming pool to the murky waters of lakes, reservoirs, rivers and rough seas. Jo is especially adept at working at a swimmers own pace and putting a swimmer at ease straight away.
Patience, listening skills and gentle encouragement, combined with a sense of humour transform swimmers who thought they would never take to open water – many have gone on to successfully train for long open water endurance events, knowing that their stroke technique has been corrected and the necessary open water skills relentlessly practised, under her experienced and watchful eye.
Still competing at International level in Triathlon, Aquabike and Aquathlon Jo shares her many years of competing with her swimmers. There aren’t many difficult open water situations she hasn’t been faced with and she uses her experience to assist others. In fact, Jo now gets more fulfilment from seeing her athletes overcome their fears and achieve their personal goals than she does from travelling to far flung places to compete herself.
BTF Level 3 Triathlon Coach, BTF Tutor L1 & L2.
ASA Swim Coach, NOWCA qualified
First Aid qualified.
Jo will be offering:
- Coached sessions, either 1-2-1 or a small group. Ideal for nervous/newbie Triathletes wishing to learn about Open Water.
- Women Only session once a month.
- Open Water Skills session for Triathletes/Swimmers preparing for the 2017 race season.
- A coached session in advance of Blenheim Triathlon and London Triathlon.
- Refresher sessions for Triathletes/Swimmers who have lapsed with open water swimming for a few years or who have lost their confidence.
- Swim/Run sessions for Aquathlon competitors, to include pace management of swim, transition, removal of wetsuit, wobbly exits etc
This list is not an exhaustive list, Jo will happy to tailor sessions to your own individual need just get in touch to have a chat and discuss your own personal requirements.